Monday, June 22, 2009

Power balls

Yeah, I don't like the name of this treat, either...we'll have to come up with our own new name for them I guess. Send your ideas my way!1 c. peanut butter
1 c. honey
3 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. raisins or other dried fruit
1/2 c. nuts or sunflower seeds, I prefer cashews
1/2c. flax seed meal
I also added in some rice krispies for crunch, these are really a free-for-all

For some reason I badly wanted to roll these in sesame seeds but I didn't have any...maybe next time!

Directions
Mix honey and peanut butter. Stir in oats, add in everything else and roll into balls. Put in fridge to firm.
Warning: Be careful if using your KitchenAid mixer, I bent my whisk attachment trying to incorporate all the ingredients! Then I broke my wooden spoon in half trying to stir the rest of the way. Maybe I'll just get in their with my hands next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment