Thursday, February 4, 2010

Awesome Blueberry Muffins



I borrow this recipe from 'The Pioneer Woman Cooks', whose blog puts mine to shame but oh well! I will keep posting anyway!!

The Awesome-est Blueberry Muffins

3 cups minus 2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
heavy pinch of salt
dash of nutmeg (I prefer to freshly grate my own, the taste is much better)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable/canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 generous cup of plain yogurt
2 cups fresh blueberries (fresh tastes better but I did use frozen last time and I am still living...)
turbinado sugar for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and powder, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
In another large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, vanilla, egg and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients and stir to a count of 10.

Add blueberries, reserving 1/2 cup, to mixture and stir 3 times.
Add mixture to well buttered muffin pans (or use paper cups). Sprinkle remaining berries on top and lightly press them down. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top (use brown sugar if you have none).
Bake 20-25 minutes and allow to cool.
I can't figure out how much this is supposed to make, first I doubled it and had a ton, but last time I think I got about 18 muffins with a single batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment