Thursday, August 20, 2009

One for you, one dozen for me...

This is my all-time absolute, favorite cookie recipe, ever. I realize everyone has their own favorite but this one is mine. I usually heavily guard my top-secret, classified recipe, but for you two people that read this blog--the much coveted secret is finally being revealed. Shhhhhh!
(This recipe comes from Hershey's, with slight modifications.)
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Heat oven to 350.
One of the most wonderful things about this recipe is that it only uses one bowl, yippee!
I use my Kitchen-Aid, of course, but you can use a big bowl and a mixer.
Chop 1/2 cup nuts (1 cup if you are really nutty) and set aside. Please don't tell me you are one of those people who don't like nuts!
Cream together:
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar and 14 tablespoons of softened butter
Then stir in:
  • 1 tsp of vanilla and 1 egg; mix until light and fluffy
Stir in:
  • 2 cups quick oats, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt*
*this is my modification, I add in 2 heaping tablespoons of ground flaxseed, you may also swap 1/2 a cup of regular flour for whole wheat flour without altering the taste
Stir in:
  • 1 cup semisweet* chocolate chips and the chopped walnuts, if desired
*sometimes I do half milk chocolate and half semisweet, it's like a party in my mouth
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
Warning: You may be compelled to take a cookie every time you pass through the kitchen. (I justify this by telling myself that the walnuts, flaxseed and oats are doing damage control on the butter and sugar as I digest. You can come up with your own excuse or feel free to use mine.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment